Social and Rides
We run two shop rides, one weekly on Saturdays and one monthly on the first Sunday of the month. All our rides are intended to be friendly and non-competitive, with a no-drop policy. Join our Mascoteers Strava Club!
The weekly Saturday rides mainly start from Cafe Azul in Bridge Rd, Richmond, at 7am, and return to there for coffee. We have a different ride each Saturday of the month:
1st week - Ray's Ramble through Studley Park, ave 20-22kph.
2nd week - Peter's Loop, fairly flat ride to Beaumaris, 60km@25 kph.
3rd week - Andy's Adventure ride, starting someplace different most weeks.
4th week - Port Melbourne, via Albert Park Lake, 35km@25+ kph.
5th week - If there is a 5th Saturday the ride will start from Azul.
Each ride is announced by text message to the regulars; let us know if you want be on the list.
The Andy's Adventure rides have been
- Up the 1 in 20, starting from Bayswater.
- To Kinglake, starting at Hurstbridge Primary School.
- Mt Pleasant Rd, starting in Westerfolds Park.
- Main Yarra Trail and Koonung Trail to Box Hill North, starting from Cafe Azul.
- Main Yarra Trail to Westerfolds Park, starting from Cafe Azul.
The monthly rides are on the first Sunday in month. Planned rides are
- June 3: Start 8am in Whittlesea, ride to Hazeldene Store (Flowerdale) for Coffee, return. See Strava ride.
- July 1: Likely to be Mernda, Hurstbridge, Panton Hill, St Andrews, Cottles Bridge Rd, return to Mernda. This ride is mostly out of any wind.
- August 5: Likely to be Mernda to Strathewen.This ride is mostly out of any wind.
- In planning: Sept 2, Mirboo Nth loop including Morwell River Rd, similar to this ride. Start at 8:30am in Mirboo Nth. Accommodation can be organized for those who need it.
- Oct 7: Around the Bay day. Suggestions welcome.
Past rides have been
- May 6, 2018: Loop from Mernda to Kinglake and back via Pheasant Ck, Kinglake West, Humevale Rd and Whittlesea.
- April 1, 2018: Easter day ride from Mernda to Whittlesea, up the lovely Humevale Rd climb to The Flying Tarts Bakery for coffee.
- March 4, 2018: From the Cog Cafe in Warburton to East Warburton to warm up, then up Mt Donna Buang.
- Feb 4, 2018: Mernda to Strathewen.